With the partnership of SM Retail Inc. and Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly known as NSO), any person can conveniently request and get PSA or NSO Birth Certificate at SM Business Center. The partnership started on 2010 and recently renewed on 2016 which makes getting PSA certificates easier and more available to the public.
The cost of requesting a PSA or NSO Birth Certificate at SM Business Center is only ₱160 (₱140 Birth Certificate Fee + ₱20 SM Service Fee). It is much cheaper than the ₱300+ total charge when you request a birth certificate online. Moreover, SM Business Center can also process requests of PSA marriage and death certificates.
- 1 Valid ID
- Cash for the total request fee (₱160)
- Black Ballpen
How to Get PSA or NSO Birth Certificate at SM Business Center
- Bring the requirements and go to the SM Mall.
- Find or ask the location of SM Business Center and go to the Government Services Section.
- Ask the staff that you want to get a PSA Birth Certificate. The staff will then give you a request form that you need to fill out the correct information.
- Fill out also the additional small form attached to the original request form where you need to specify the Number of Copies and Owner’s Personal Information.
- Pay for the total request fee of ₱160 per copy.
- Get your claim stub and official receipt.
The certificates can be claimed at the SM Business Center usually 4-6 days after the request have been made. The requester needs to present the receipt, claim stub and valid ID when claiming the birth certificate. In case someone else has to get on your behalf, you just need to provide an Authorization Letter, owner’s valid ID and claimer’s valid ID.
Getting a PSA Birth Certificate at SM Business Center is recommended for those not in a hurry and can wait for couple of days. But those individuals who wants to get their’s on the same day of request, it’s better to apply walk-in at PSA Serbilis Center.
That was the step by step guide on How to Get PSA or NSO Birth Certificate at SM Business Center. Should you have any questions, let us know in comment section below. Please share this to someone who needs this guide.