The BIR eRegistration System is an online service of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) in the Philippines that allows certain individuals to get a TIN number online. This online portal is meant to Professionals and Single Proprietors (business owners) who wants to apply for an Tax Identification Number (TIN) through eTIN, a module of the BIR eRegistration System.
Employees, unemployed or students should not register themselves online using this system to get a TIN number. If you register in BIR as a Sole Proprietor but you don’t own a business, chances are, the BIR might sent you a letter for a failure to submit reports or documents needed by the BIR on a regular basis. This because you registered as a Sole Proprietor. Perhaps, several people might have experience this. Unless you are a business man/woman, do not apply directly in this online service.
However, if you are an employee, you may secure a TIN Number though your employer if he/she has access to the eTIN. This is possible if your employer has an Employer User Account enrolled in the eRegistration System.
On the other hand, if you are a student, housewife or unemployed, you may secure your TIN Number in the Government Agencies and Instrumentalities (GAIs).
In other words, if you are NOT a Professional or Single Proprietor, do not apply for a TIN Number online. It is highly recommended that you just visit the BIR Revenue District Office (RDO) in your area. You may follow this guide: How to Get TIN Number of Employees or Students and Unemployed.
The eRegistration System is the first part of your BIR registration. What you are going to do is to fill-up the online forms. After the online registration, you shall receive via email your TIN Number and BIR Form 1901. The issuance of TIN alone has no monetary charge.
To proceed with the second part of your registration, you need to visit your selected Revenue District Office (RDO). This is where you need to process the payment for the registration fee and get your TIN ID Card. Then you shall receive further instructions from the RDO.
BIR Online Registration Requirement
Before you proceed with the BIR Online Registration, the primary requirement is an “active email address“. The BIR shall send the confirmation link and important information in your email.
How to Get TIN Number Online (BIR eRegistration System)
- To get started, access the BIR eRegistration System – https://ereg.bir.gov.ph/
- Read on the welcome notes and after that, fill-out the Basic Taxpayer Information Form below. In this form, you must enter your Last Name, First Name, Middle Name, Birth Date, Email Address, Civil Status, Gender and Human Verification Code. Then, click on the Submit button to proceed.
- In the next step, you’ll have to answer a Yes or No Online Questionnaire. Then, click the Submit button.
- After few seconds to minutes, the BIR should have sent you an email notification. Check your email and open the confirmation email sent by BIR. It should contain the confirmation link that should direct you to the next step. Click on that link.
- In the following steps, you have to fill-out the registration forms. Make sure not to left important fields marked with asterisk (*) since, in most cases, you won’t be able to proceed leaving them blank or empty.
- After you have accomplished the registration forms and submitted your application, the eTIN Confirmation Page should load on your screen. It displays further instructions about your application. At the same time, you’ll receive an email from BIR which contains your Tax Identification Number and other important details.
- Lastly, proceed to the RDO stated on your application to continue with the second part of your registration.
That was the general guide on how you can get a TIN Number Online though the BIR eRegistration System for Professionals and Sole Proprietors. Should you have any additional information, you may let us know in the comment section.