A Community Tax Certificate, commonly known as Cedula or Sedula, is a government-issued document in the Philippines given to any individual upon payment of the community tax. It is very easy to get a Cedula and it can be acquired in just few minutes.
Usually, most people get a Cedula as a requirement for applying for Postal ID, Police Clearance, Passport, Income Tax Return, Licenses among others. Citizens who are 18 years old and above are the ones eligible to get a Cedula. The basic community tax is worth ₱5.
- At least 1 Valid ID
- Cash for the Tax Fee
How to Get Cedula
- Go to the barangay hall, municipal hall or city hall in your residence and bring the requirements mentioned above.
- Politely ask a personnel in the office that you want to get a Cedula. Few questions may be asked and you’ll be given an application slip to fill-up. The entries include: Full Name, Address, Citizenship, Civil Status, Profession/Occupation/Business, Tax Identification Number (if you have), Date and Place of Birth, Height and Weight.
- Give the accomplished application slip to the distinguished window for Cedula Issuance.
- Pay for the necessary tax fee.
- Put your signature and right thumb print in the Cedula.
- Claim your fresh Cedula.
That was the requirements and procedure on How to Get Cedula. Should you have any questions or additional useful information, do share it in comment section.