LTO Driver’s License Restriction Codes are set of limitations given to the driver’s license holder on the type of motor vehicles he/she is only allowed and capable to operate. This is to ensure that a driver who only knows how to drive a motorcycle won’t be given an official authority to drive a dump truck.
The Restriction Codes are printed at the front of the driver’s license, both Non-Professional and Professional Driver’s License type. Moreover, Non-Professional Driver’s License is only allowed to have the restriction codes of 1, 2 and 4 while Professional Driver’s License is allowed to apply for the 8 restriction codes.
From driving a motorcycle, private car to operating a bus or heavy trucks, restriction codes where those vehicle belongs must first be added and reflected into your license before you are officially allowed to operate them. For your reference, you may check out the restriction codes below.
List of LTO Driver’s License Restriction Codes
- Restriction 1 – Motorcycles/ Motorized Tricycles
- Restriction 2 – Vehicle up to 4,500 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight
- Restriction 3 – Vehicle above 4,500 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight
- Restriction 4 – Automatic clutch up to 4,500 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight
- Restriction 5 – Automatic clutch above 4,500 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight
- Restriction 6 – Articulated vehicle 1,600 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight and Below
- Restriction 7 – Articulated vehicle 1,601 up to 4,500 Kilograms Gross Vehicle Weight
- Restriction 8 – Articulated vehicle 4,500 Kilograms and above Gross Vehicle Weight
When you need to add a restriction code in your license, you may read this guide for Non-Professional Driver’s License Additional Restriction Code/s Application and Professional Driver’s License Additional Restriction Code/s Application.
That was the List of LTO Driver’s License Restriction Codes. Should you have any questions, do let us know in the comment section.
Ang ristriction code ng licinse ko is 1,2, allowed po ba ako magmaneho ng mini dump truck?