You have probably received a Negative Certification from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) when you requested your PSA Birth Certificate. Or you badly needed for one but you have figured out you don’t have a birth record. You are not alone in this situation but this guide will walk your though the possible steps you need to do for the Late Registration of your Birth Certificate.
As you may have already known, a Birth Certificate is a very vital document that you need to have. It is a core proof of your personal information that is recognized in any institutions, government and non-government agencies. So if you don’t have one when you requested for it, it’s better to settle things sooner at the Local Civil Registrar where your birth place is under its jurisdiction.
There are two common reasons why your don’t have a Birth Certificate:
- Your birth is NOT REGISTERED or recorded in the Local Civil Registrar of your birthplace.
- The copy of your birth record has NOT YET ENDORSED by the Local Civil Registrar to the Philippine Statistics Authority for the proper certification.
Birth Certificate Late Registration Requirements
In case that you have found out that the Local Civil Registrar in your birthplace has no record of your birth, you need to file a Late Registration of Birth Certificate. Here are the general requirements:
- Certificate of Live Birth – duly accomplished and signed by proper parties (4 copies).
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration – at the back of Certificate of Live Birth by the father, mother or guardian declaring the following:
- Name of Child (your name)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Name of Father (if illegitimate child but acknowledged by father)
- Date and Place of Marriage (if legitimate child)
- Reason for not registering the birth within 30 days after the date of birth
- Supporting Documents – at least 2 documents that displays that name of child, date and place of birth, name of mother and father:
- Baptismal Certificate
- School Records
- Medical Records
- Income Tax Return of Parents
- Insurance Policy
- Other documents that are acceptable including Barangay Certification, etc.
- Affidavit of 2 Disinterested Persons – who have witnessed or known the birth of child.
- Certificate of Marriage – if you are 18 years old above and married.
How to Process Late Registration of Birth Certificate
These are the general steps you need to do in order to process the late registration of your birth certificate in the Local Civil Registrar:
- Visit the Local Civil Registrar of your birthplace and inquire if they have a record of your birth. It is very important to do this first because if you file a Late Registration of Birth on a rush on other municipality but the LCR of your birthplace has registered your birth, it may cause a Double Registration. The first registration shall be followed by the LCR.
- If the LCR has the record of your birth, file a request for the Endorsement of Record to the Philippine Statistics Authority. Further instructions shall be given by the LCR. On the other hand, if you don’t have any record in the registry, you need to file a Late Registration of Birth Certificate.
- The person-in-charge in the office might ask you several queries about your application for late registration of birth and give you the list of requirements you need to comply.
- Submit your Certificate of Live Birth (this is like a form for birth record) along with other requirements that shall be examined by the civil registrar.
- Pay for the corresponding fees.
- Then wait for further instructions or information that shall be given by the registrar. Usually, the filing of Late Registration of Birth Certificate takes weeks or months before you can get your PSA Birth Certificate printed on Security Paper (SECPA).
That was the general guide about the Late Registration of Birth Certificate including the General Requirements and Procedure. Should you have any questions, you may inquire at your Local Civil Registrar. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.
That’s very helpful thank you so much about this information you gave now I know how to apply for my son late registration birt certificate
Hello po pwede poba mag pa late register online or ako mismo pupunta sa pinanganakan ko PO sa lugar ng calamba Laguna 26 year’s old npo ako pero ngsyon ln po ako papa late registration ano po ba dapat ko gawin salamat po